WHO WE ARE, WHERE WE ARE GOING AND WHY WE NEED YOU
Since we took our first steps in 2013, we have seen 300% year-on-year growth and expanded to over 40,000 rooms worldwide. We went from 0 to 💪. However, we are not planning to stop anytime soon.
We want to bring Flexkeeping into the pockets of all hotel professionals in the world. To reach this, and set the new industry standard while we’re at it, we need YOU – you, who is not afraid of a challenge, of putting in the time, of playing in the big league. You, who is interested in not only work, but also PLAY. If you got it, we want it.
YOUR ROLE AT FLEXKEEPING
We’re looking for a bright mind and sparkling personality who will add an extra flare to Flexkeeping! Our ideal candidate is a sharp, passionate, and collaborative engineer who is primarily driven by having high business impact. We want someone who is unafraid to take initiative and who will not stop until Flexkeeping platform is the no. 1 hotel staff communication and operations management product on the market.
In this position, your job will be to develop new functionalities as well as to make our backend processing more robust and scalable to support our future growth. Our backend APIs support Flexkeeping mobile clients (Android, iOS) as well as a React web application. Our platform is hosted on AWS and we use a lot of services to make our life easier (i.e. RDS, S3, Cloudwatch, SNS, Firestore, New Relic, …).
By joining our Flexfamily, you’ll be making a real impact on people and the environment together with young and enthusiastic individuals by your side! And because we want you to enjoy your time with us, we’ll also take you to fun team buildings, cover your gym membership, and provide you with a professional in-office massage as well as healthy snacks!
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will build a product in a cross-disciplinary agile team together with other engineers, product manager and designers
- You will work with our backend services written in PHP and Node.js, which depends on Mysql, Firestore and S3 on the data layer
- You will write readable and easy to understand code in order to solve complex problems (this is what we call good engineering)
- You will own a meaningful part of our platform, have a big impact and grow with the company
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS & PERSONALITY
- You have contributed to complex backend systems in the past and you were involved in design (architecture, data modelling) as well as codifying the solutions
- You have worked with multiple programming languages and technologies in the past and it is easy for you to discuss the pros/cons for each one of them. A bonus would be production experience with statically and dynamically typed languages
- You care about a high-quality code, written end-to-end testing and consider performance, security and scalability when building a product
- You love building a product within a team of engineers (rather than by yourself only)
- You are data-driven and put facts above speculation
WHAT YOU'LL GET AS A BONUS
FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE
We give you flexibility so that you can focus on creativity.
TRAVEL THE WORLD
Ticket to anywhere...
CRAZY TEAM OUTINGS
Escape the ordinary.
SIP SIP Hoooray!
NO STRESS WHATSOEVER
Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. So, chill!
HELP THE COMMUNITY
Leave your footprint on society.